The Vulnerable Leader [Podcast]
Todays podcast guest is Kirstan Wilding, leader of Corporate Social Responsibility at TasNetworks. We first met Kirstan when she delivered a keynote at a conference we attended and we knew after listening to her we wanted to have her as a guest on the podcast as soon as we could make it happen.
Kirstan is an extremely grounded and emotionally intelligent leader who shares with us some incredible insights she has learnt along her leadership journey.
In this episode we cover:
- 07:20 – The daily focus of being a leader of corporate social responsibility
- 10:40 – What has helped Kirsten understand and define her purpose
- 15:00 – The times of adversity that has shaped Kirsten into understanding and defining her purpose
- How adversity shaped her leadership journey
- Holding true to Authenticity and purpose during adversity
- 20:00 – Learning to show up as your whole self in leadership, and therefore opening the door to trust within your teams
- showing vulnerability in both challenging times but also success and achievement
- Modelling vulnerability as a leader
- 23:30 – Self Awareness and Self Reflection as a leader
- 25:50 – By modelling vulnerability as a leader you open up the safe space for others to do so
- 28:00 – Being comfortable with sitting in the uncomfortable
- 32:15 – Working through change within the organisation with resilience and excitement
- 33:18 – Actively listening as a leader. Kirsten discusses the importance of listening to understand, not listening to solve a problem. Kirsten also shares a simple yet effective tip on how we can all implement actively listening in our own roles.
- 44:00 – Bringing everyone within the organisation along on the evolving culture journey
- 49:00 – Holding Yourself with Authenticity
Thank you again to our guest in this episode Kirsten Wilding – Leader of Corporate Social Responsibility at TasNetworks. You can connect with Kirstan via Linked In here.
Want to check out how Authentic your organisation is? Take our free online Authentimeter Assessment tool here
Visit our podcast here: The Real Learning Experience
Follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn
Got a question for the Podcast? You can drop us a voice message via Instagram or email us at: email@example.com
Thanks to our Podcasting producer, Josh at Deadset Podcasting for all his work behind the scenes.
Thanks for listening!