Stop - Start - Continue - 2022
As the close of 2022 approaches, we encourage leaders to ask – Will you be a better leader in 2023 than you were in 2022? Great leaders are constantly improving through a process of reflection and planning.
In this podcast episode, we share a simple framework – and unpack the reflection and planning process of four exceptional leaders we work with, as well as discussing our own plans to grow as leaders in 2023.
- At the end of a year, people often make New Year’s resolutions – and the majority fail to stick to those resolutions for any meaningful time
- That happens for a few reasons – they are made on a whim and often over a few too many drinks – but there are a couple of critical lessons for leaders who want to be an even better leader in 2022
- The first is that many resolutions are made without doing any real reflection. Before looking forward, it is useful to look back and identify the connection between actions and outcomes
- The second is that most resolutions are just statements of intent with no specific actions to support them
- In this episode, we will be using a simple framework for reflecting on 2021 and setting some targets for 2022. It is called STOP-START-CONTINUE
- We will hear submissions from four leaders we work with – and will unpack their reflection and planning with some specific tips
- We will also share our own STOP-START-CONTINUE
- The aim is that we will inspire you to undertake a similar reflection and give you some tips to do it effectively
- An overview of the framework
- STOP – what did you do in 2021 that wasn’t helpful in achieving the leadership outcomes you wanted (and that you will stop doing in 2022)
- START – what new habit or action could you commence in 2022 that will help you become an even better leader
- CONTINUE – what worked well for you as a leader in 2021, and that you will continue in 2022
- As you identify actions, ask the question, ‘how will I do that?’ When that feels like a redundant question, you have probably been specific enough – you are looking for simple, repeatable actions
Our guests for todays episode that share their own Stop, Start and Continue are:
- David Osman – a facilitation partner and team member of TRLE
- Rashelle Leahy – our TRLE Marketing Manager – The Social Beaver
- Kathryn Keenihan – Executive Manager People & Culture – Junction
- Jo Preece – National Training Manager, R & J Batteries
- Brett Baillie – Chief Operations Officer, Resvu
Want to check out how Authentic your organisation is? Take our free online Authentimeter Assessment tool here
Visit our podcast here: The Real Learning Experience
Got a question for the Podcast? You can drop us a voice message via Instagram or email us at: email@example.com
Thanks to our Podcasting producer, Josh at Deadset Podcasting for all his work behind the scenes.
Thanks for listening!